Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Recession-proof

Financial turmoil somehow is forcing everyone to reexamine what they do and plan. Although the announcement about the petrol and diesel prices reduced by 15 sen per litre today, it does not shoo away the fact that another recession is coming up next year. People in the industry have been talking about it and from what I heard worse than last time.

I am not recession-proof and I strongly believe that it is going to have a great impact on me. So the thought of buying another car just need to be swept away and put aside at the moment. Instead, we are eying for a motorbike for Jimi’s transportation to work, immediately after we move in to the new house. Ohh! I got ton of lists to either be bought or repaired upon entering the house.

Jimi and I quietly sneak out from our office this morning to settle the EPF withdrawal. I am dying to get the money real fast so that the previous owner can render the key early (I am sick of the series of pestering and bugging me every now and then to settle the remaining balance of the deposit without even releasing that the document they passed to me was a week behind schedule!!!).

I am broke, waiting calmly (read as pretend to be calm) for 23rd, my last month’s pay was cut by quarter owing to the unpaid leave I took before. The travelling up north and south every weekend sucks every single cent I have left, but it is my obligation towards my family and in-laws. The pain felt dissolves the moment we saw the happy faces and it is worth doing so.

Although our financial condition does not permit us to execute most of the things we wanted to do, I am convinced that this is only temporary. I do hope for a good bonus this coming February…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha tu la susah noo nak jumpa wa ajak lunch..org nak belanja wa je yg bz...kalu afa belanja kan dah leh save duit...xpe lagi 2-3 ari lg gaji masuk...kekeke

Wawa Shukor said...

hahahah nama jek sebelah wing jek kan.
okok kita janji jumaat ni la k ;).
so far xde pape lg :D

amoi said...

wa...beli umah kat mana?tak jiran dah kita ek...hehe...

Wawa Shukor said...

haa kat putrajaya.
adik wa beli umah kat lavender.
sure selalu dtg.
lgpun bukan jauh pun ke putrajaya ;)
btw...ko jd kan beli umah ixora tu? suma ok x?

Unknown said...

1. Janganlah beli motor utk Jimmi... sian dia...
2. Yang penting korang dua2 dah bersama semula... 23rd Nov can wait...

Wawa Shukor said...

kak atin, 5-min away je from umah ke opis jimi. jalan kaki dlm 10 min heheh so dkt2 sesangat.
tp mmg kena beli jugak but can wait smp a little bit stable :D.
cant wait to c u sefamili next year :D

Oh So Random

Top Commenters

About This Blog

    © Blogger template by Emporium Digital 2008 | personalised by kuizikel.com

Back to TOP